With Governor Hogan lifting the stay at home restrictions, we are excited to announce that Dr. Dean Kane’s Center for Cosmetic Surgery and Medspa is officially open. We wish to let everyone know what precautions Team Kane has put in place for the safety of all our patients as well as our employees. We follow all the CDC, MD state guidelines as well as the specific guidelines from the Plastic Surgery Societies for protections of COVID 19. We have adhered to strict guidelines so that you will feel safe and comfortable coming back to our office.
The following will be what you can expect when you schedule your appointments.
- Our staff will be asking you COVID 19 questions over the phone to determine your levels of exposure to Coronavirus.
- We will need you to view our website where you will need to read the questionnaire, instructions, and consent form regarding COVID 19 risks. Please download a copy and sign the form and bring to the office with you. If you are an established patient and have not been in the office for over a year, please download, complete, and bring with you our Patient Forms too. This will save you time and exposure at our office. (Thank you!!)
- Please arrive to the office 15 minutes early. Call the office when you park so we may tell you when it is best to come up to the office. We are making sure there is proper spacing and timing for each of you.
- Patients only are allowed to enter the office. Family and/or friends will not be allowed into the office with you. Again, this is to prevent too many people in the office at once.
- Upon entering the office you must wear a clean mask over your mouth and nose.
- We will then ask you to go to our bathroom and wash your hands before coming to the front desk.
- At the front desk we will give you a pair of plastic gloves and ask to take your temperature. If it is 100 degrees or more we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. For this reason, you may wish to take your temperature at home before coming in.
- All of our windows now have plastic shields to protect you and our staff at each of our windows.
- We have arranged seating in our office so that only 2 people will be allowed in our waiting room. Please maintain 6 foot distancing by seating across from one another and wear your masks.
- We have tried to schedule patients so that you should be taken within a few minutes of arriving to our office.
- All providers of care (Dr. Kane, Susan our nurse, Kelly and Deb our estheticians, Lauri Kane and Joy) will be dressed in a full protective PPE including caps, eye shields, surgical masks, gowns, and gloves.
- Our entire office has been deeply cleaned, disinfected and all magazines, brochures, water, and coffee removed so that there is no need for patients to touch any surfaces.
- The office is disinfected every morning before patients arrive in the morning and throughout the day. After each patient leaves an exam room or esthetician room, the room is disinfected for each patient.
- The esthetician will try to provide their pampering touches, but we have taken away the blankets and sheets and using paper on our tables so that we can maintain clean and disinfected surfaces.
- Due to all the necessary cleaning that must take place after each patient leaves a room, please be aware that our staff may not be able to give you extra time that you are normally used to.
Please know that under all our PPE precautions we will be providing you the very same quality of care and exceptional services from the very dedicated, warm, and caring team you are used to. We look forward to seeing you soon.