Are There Instructions with Sculptra?
YES, Very Important Ones!! Dr. Kane will require that you meet with our patient coordinator to learn what you will need to do before and after the procedure with Sculptra.
1. Because Sculptra requires multiple sessions, Dr. Kane will require you to set up the 2 sessions in advance 6 weeks apart. This is done with Dr.Kane’s patient coordinator in which she will review all the preparation and after-care of Sculptra.
2. Bruising can occur and patients must stop their aspirin products, ibuprofen, Aleve, fish oils and any other blood thinners that would increase the risk of bruising 1-2 weeks before the procedure.
3. On the day of the procedure, Dr. Kane will want your face washed clean of all makeup. He will want you to stop any skin products like Retin A, strong Retinols, and any fruit acid skin products that can cause any irritation. These products need to be stopped 5 days prior and no face peels or laser procedures or sun exposure for at least 2 weeks before.
4. After the procedure, Dr. Kane will instruct you on how to massage your face 5 times a day for 5 days in a row. This is crucial to the success of Sculptra and to reduce the risk of forming any nodules.
5. Dr. Kane will see you back for a follow-up 1-2 weeks later and again in 6 weeks when the second session takes place.