Q: I am 58 with mild/ moderate skin laxity in my cheeks. I had 2 syringes of Juvéderm put in my cheeks 4 months ago. I am considering a mini lift. Can a physician provide an opinion now or do I need to wait for the filler to be absorbed? I have an athletic build.
A: Thanks for your question. Whether a mini-lift is right for you or not, you will always have that nagging question until you get a consult. So do it!
One cannot offer you a direction without significantly more information. Wrinkles? Sun-damage? Weight loss?” On-going medical problems? Prior surgery? Budget? Timing and recovery? An examination will reveal any underlying concerns.
You should consider all your options as well including:
- Consult with a talented and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his/her Skin Care Team,
- Rejuvenate your skin with non-surgical Zein Obagi, MD, Skin Health, laser and chemical peels,
- Beyond volumizing fillers, consider other injectable minimally invasive alternatives to fill, lift and tighten:
- Sculptra a bio-active “filler” to firm the soft-tissues and skin,
- Silhouette InstaLift and EuroThread suspension injectable thread facelift
- Once you have achieved your results maintain your investment with the same.
- Mini-, traditional, subcutaneous, SMAS, deep-plane facelifts are all slightly differing techniques to elevate the facial skin and underlying tissues to redistribute them in a more youthful appearance. The healing process will add to the firming and tightening of the tissues as well.
Find the Team you need and trust to offer what is best for you. “May the knowledge be with you!”
I hope this is helpful! All the best!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at (410) 602-3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.