Q: I’m in my late 20s and feel my midface is drooping a lot the last few years. The pics don’t so it justice but it drags my face down making my eyes hollow, my smile frowny and slight jowls. My skin is also very lax and lacks tightness. Early Jowls also run in my family. I want to avoid filler since it’s too expensive in the long run and also my facial skin is very thick especially in my cheeks so I don’t know where to put it without adding too much volume to my face. What are my options?
A: Thanks for sharing your photos. They are useful but not complete.
The beginnings of facial skin laxity start at 30 years old when collagen skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches, separates and elongates forming 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment, developing:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
- with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his team regarding non-surgical and minimally invasive options. Consider:
- A Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health retinoid program and peels for external stimulation and skin tightening and acne / oily skin improvement.
- Sculptra is a minimally invasive injection series of bio-stimulatory filler for face and neck skin tightening
- In patients like yourself, I have found micro-lipocontouring of the submalar cheeks, jowls and neck with fat grafting of the cheeks and beginning folds to be extremely satisfying. You may combine this with
- Minimally invasive tightening options such as ThermiTIGHT or FaceTite, and
- Minimally invasive jowl and cheek lifting options such as Silhouette FaceLift suspension sutures
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at (410) 602-3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.