Q. What type of lift will address my neck, platysma, lower face and also lift my cheeks slightly? Every Doctor has a different “brand” of lift – this is very confusing for patients. I need my platysma, neck and lower face addressed and would like my cheeks to be lifted slightly. What procedure should I be asking for? *I’m not interested in cheek implants or any type of “mini lift” * I prefer general anesthesia * I’m fine with people being able to tell I had work done… Why have surgery if the results are barely noticeable? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
A. Why have scars if you don’t need them. You look lovely and your facial skin in photos look firm and tight. Your neck skin has lost elasticity and the platysma bands are visible. My opinion based on your images are:
- Consult with one or more Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who evaluate your unique beauty and provide a honest recommendation for tightening, volume, lift and soft-tissue suspension. Leave those with “named” face and neck lift procedures that “pidgeon-hole” you into a category behind.
- Neck lift with platysmaplasty and neck suspension sutures.
- Obagi, ZO Skin Health for skin rejuvenation using tretinoin, hydroquinone care and continued sun protection
- Tightening / firming: Sculptra, laser or peels
- Fat grafting if you need it.
Best of luck!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Frederick.