Q: Why do some surgeons recommend me a facelift? People always think I’m 10 years younger. Do I really need a facelift? Can you give me a honest answer if I am attractive or not and if eye surgery, cheek implants or another surgery is best for me?
A: Quoting famously, “If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.”
Thanks for sharing your photos, it is helpful. I read and see a patient who desires a “pick me up”. A Face and Neck lift will provide for you a longer lasting and possibly a more dramatic result. I do not see the laxity suggested by your concerns requiring a face and neck lift. There are many other non-invasive and minimally invasive options today.
The beginnings of facial skin laxity start at 30 years old when collagen skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches, separates and elongates forming 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment, developing:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
Heredity and other issues can add to the laxity of skin and repositioning of volume losing soft tissues. These should be discussed at your consult.
I suggest you:
- Consult with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his team regarding face and neck lift, non-surgical and minimally invasive options. Continue the anti-aging process with:
- A Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health retinoid program and peels for external stimulation and skin tightening, exfoliation and sun-damage correction
- Well skilled filler or fat grafting of the cheeks and beginning folds
- Botox for brow elevation if you wish
- Sculptra is a minimally invasive injection series of bio-stimulatory filler for face and neck skin tightening
- Minimally invasive tightening options such as ThermiTIGHT or FaceTite
- Minimally invasive jowl and cheek lifting options such as Silhouette FaceLift suspension sutures
I hope this is helpful. Stay well.
All the best!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.