Q. Seeking advice on alternative treatments to fillers and face lift procedures for tightening sagging skin on the face & neck. Hi, I am a F in my mid 40s with substantial volume loss in the face causing drooping of the skin in my cheek area and loose skin on my neck, (as per images). I am interested in treatments that use the bodies own healing process to produce results, eg; encouraging collagen production etc. However, I am very confused about what treatment/s will deliver the best results, eg: laser treatments, microneedling, RF, PRP and combinations of the above.
A. The beginnings of facial skin laxity start at 30 years old when collagen skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches, separates and elongates forming 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment, developing:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
Heredity and sun damage will add to the laxity of skin and repositioning of volume losing soft tissues. Your photos appear to show these concerns.
Non-invasive and minimally invasive options may help rejuvenate the skin but it will not reposition or tighten the laxity you demonstrate. A Face and Neck lift will provide for you the “natural healing”, ie, collagen building and cellular turnover you seek and develop the foundation for less invasive maintenance of your rejuvenation journey. I suggest you:
- Consult with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his team regarding face and neck lift, non-surgical and minimally invasive options. Continue the anti-aging process with:
- A Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health retinoid program and peels for external stimulation and skin tightening, exfoliation and sun-damage correction
- Well skilled filler or fat grafting of the cheeks and beginning folds
- Botox for brow elevation if you wish
- Sculptra is a minimally invasive injection series of bio-stimulatory filler for face and neck skin tightening
- Minimally invasive tightening options such as ThermiTIGHT or FaceTite
- Minimally invasive jowl and cheek lifting options such as Silhouette FaceLift suspension sutures
Read more about similar topics:
Lauri Kane’s Facelift Experience
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.