Home » Blog » Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding Fillers

Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding Fillers

Q: My doctor said that the Restylane Lyft would fix my festoons but I’m nervous because I don’t want to make them worse before my wedding. Please advise..

A: Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Thanks for sharing your photo. I do see the elevation you speak of above the tear trough on your cheek. 

  • If this is a festoon, it will not be improved and probably made worse with more hyaluronic acid (HA) gel filler. This is because HA attracts water and adds to the festoon. After years of searching for a festoon cure, I have only found skin tightening, such as peels or laser to help. 
  • If the bump is due to the HA injection and you don’t like it, return to have it softened or removed with hyaluronidase, an enzyme which will dissolve it. 
  • If you wish to improve the tear trough, consider a Board Certified Plastic Surgery expert injector using a cannula technique deep under the volume loss along this nasojugal fold with a filler like Radiesse which does not attract water.

There are many different fillers with differing characteristics and many techniques for volumizing. 

  • Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma have the highest cohesiveness (called G-prime by the industry) and therefor the greatest lifting ability.  

Choose your injector carefully. 

Good luck. All the best!

Read more about similar topics:


Tear Trough Hollowness

Cheek Swelling Following Hyaluronic Acid Filler

This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.

Give us a call at  410.602.3322  or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.

« »