Q. I have bells palsy since October 10th of 2016. Will Botox help fix my face?
A. So sorry for your Bell’s Palsy! I hope you resolve completely.
Yes, Botox and other options may help but not necessarily in a way you might think.
1. Using Botox on the active muscles of the weaker side might allow the weaker muscles to contract better unopposed.
2. Using Botox on the normal side may achieve a more even and symmetrical appearance by achieving selective weakening on the normal side.
3. You may also consider fillers to provide volume and lift on the affected side.
4. Please consider Silhouette InstaLift suspension sutures as a minimally invasive technique to passively lift the weaker side.
5. Laser and chemical peel tightening may be helpful as well.
With all options, please consult a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ENT or Neurologist with the art, skills and talent to use these techniques. I wish you the best!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.