Q. Volume loss in mid and lower face, what can I be done with fillers? Hi, The first 3 pictures were taken today and the other 2 about 6 years ago. I have been noticing my face is getting longer and a definite change in my lower face. What is it that can be done with fillers or any other procedures ? Thank you
A. Thanks for sharing your photos.
The beginnings of facial skin laxity start when skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches and elongates developing 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment such as the:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
Since I do not have the advantage to examine you, I hope you will be helped by the information below. My immediate recommendations are to obtain
consultation with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive skills in:
- Non-surgical skin tightening using Obagi ZO Skin Health Rx regimen and chemical peels
- Minimally invasive Sculptra injection regimen for skin firming and tightening
- Minimally invasive Silhouette Suture Suspension of soft tissues and skin longer duration in brow elevation and upper cheek suspension
- Minimally invasive skin tightening with ThermiTight
- Minimally invasive injectables including fillers and / or fat
- Fillers may not be best for you as it will be used in your lower face changing the balance toward a heavier and more aged appearance.
Don’t forget to protect your skin from the elements! UV blockers, anti-oxidants, pigmentation control and acne / oil reduction will maintain your skin rejuvenation efforts. Consult with a Certified ZO Skin Health Specialist!
Everyone needs one or more layered improvement and in personalized combinations to achieve their optimal result. All surgical, minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures and their combinations should be discussed following a proper examination with a well versed, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs all of these options so you will not receive a biased approach because he limited in his skills.
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.