How can I know in advance how good a doctor is with injections?
Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding Injections Q.
I’m concerned with the quality of Botox and how good a doctor is with fillers. How can I know that they know how and where to inject for the best look. Not just shooting it in. A.
This is a tough question. It more depends on how deep you are willing to explore or experiment. The main ways to know how talented and skilled a injector is, is by:
- Word of Mouth; what do others say about this particular individual
- Website gallery; do the photos posted on the injectors website match your desires and expectations
- Medical / Surgical background and experience; does the injector understand the anatomy and have the talent and skills to use the various tissues, depth of injection, needle sizes and types to produce the results you wish.
- Injectors blog; does the injector show recognition of the difficulty in proper injection or follow a technical protocol for injection
- Social Media; what do others say about the injector, the staff, the climate of the practice / clinic?
- Call the practice; does the injector use a single filler or injectible muscle relaxer or is he / she experienced in a variety of injectables to provide what is best for each unique patient?
If you don’t explore, then you will experiment and typically become frustrated blaming the product injected rather than the skills of the injector. Remember that FDA approved injectables are safe and efficacious but it is the injector that creates the masterpiece. I hope this is helpful. All the best!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.