Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty is the appropriate approach for the following reasons:
1. When abdomen skin is loose and you can actually pinch or grab a roll of skin;
2. When there is a flap or pannus of skin that rolls over the panty line;
3. When the loose skin lacks elasticity, the only way to achieve a tight abdomen is to remove the excess skin;
4. When the internal tummy remains distended, appearing pregnant; and
5. When a person has multiple scars on their abdomen from prior surgeries (c-section, gallbladder, ovarian surgery, etc.) A tummy tuck will remove these old scars and strategically place a horizontal scar hidden within the panty line.