Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding CoolSculpting or Liposuction for Underarm Bulges

Q. I’m 18 and with underarm bulges. On average how much would one CoolSculpting treatment cost as opposed to liposuction?  The right is worse. I don’t like the way it looks in tanks ect…and I stopped wearing bras because of discomfort.

A. Thanks for sharing your photo. While it is not a in-person evaluation, it is helpful. 

The skin bulge you demonstrate appears to be the “side-roll” of the breast and not part of the arm. It may be due to breast tissue, fat or both. CoolSculpting (CS) and liposuction will only reduce fat and not the fibrous tissues of the breast and skin. The body is not perfectly symmetrical and variations of tissue placement may occur. This certainly happens with breast tissue. 

Please obtain consultation from a well versed and Board Certified General Surgeon with significant breast experience to make sure this is ​normal displaced tissues or should be removed by excision. If he/she finds it normal, then consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine which option is best for you. 

I hope this helps. I wish you the best!


Read more about similar topics:

Breast Rolls

This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.

Give us a call at  410.602.3322  or email and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.


« »