Q. I’d like to know if Restylane, Restylane Lyft, or Restylane silk are good for under eye hollows. If so, which is best, how much is typically needed, and how long does it last?
A. Good question! No easy answer. When all we had was “cow collagen” as a filler 30 years ago, everyone got the same injectable.
Today, the filler choices are expanding with different attributes and therefore different niches to “fill”. There are 2 considerations regarding under-eye filler:
A. What is the under-eye problem we are trying to fix? What layer or layers need filling, lifting, suspension, tightening?
- Eyelid wrinkles and lines
- Tear trough or naso-jugal fold created by the separation of fat compartments between the eyelid and cheek and various cheek compartments
- Smoothening, volume filling, projection
- Cheek mound(ie., the “apple”), Cheek bone (ie., foundation of the cheek), Cheek width and “Nike Swoosh”.
B. What filler options is the Injector Specialist skilled with?
- Radiesse, a calcium mineral which is great for a boney foundation
- Hyaluronic Acid Gel fillers with:
- Maximum projection: Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane Lyft
- Maximum water attraction for greatest volume: Juvederm Ultra and Restylane Silk
- Middle of the road for volume and fill: Juvederm Ultra and Restylane Classic
- Soft integrative volume: Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Refyne / Defyne
C. What other surgical or minimally invasive options will provide value, duration and better enhancement?
- Mid-face Lift
- Silhouette InstaLift suspension elevation
- Skin tightening
Your best course is to consult with a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon versed in all these techniques to provide the best evaluation and individual recommendations.
Use of dentures and implants will restore the above concerns and provide a better foundation for facelifting surgery.
In general, the dentures are maintained during the facelift procedure.
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Frederick.