Question from Amelia Court House, VA I’m a 52 year old male who has minimal jowling and very little neck sagging. I just had a QuickLift down, I’m 5 days out. I have minimal swelling and bruising, I’m fair skinned. How long do you think this procedure will last? Any answers appreciated.Answer from Dr. Dean Kane, Board Certified Baltimore Plastic Surgeon: This is the “age” old, $64 million question each facelift surgeon is asked at consultation; so it is a very good question! The duration of a facelift is dependent on many unique factors:
- ethnic background of the patient including the thickness of the dermis
- prior care and weathering of the skin
- amount of skin elevated and trimmed in the facelift
- added lifts such as the neck, jowl, brow and forehead
- the skills of the surgeon
- skin rejuvenation procedures and care following facelift
- and others.