I am 59 years old. Should I be worried about having Sculptra treatments at my age?
Dr. Dean Kane Q & A
Q. I am 59 years old. Should I be worried about having Sculptra treatments at my age?
A. Sculptra is found to be a mild filler but a more powerful bio-stimulant of collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin and other dermal, subcutaneous and bone molecules. It seems to firm, build and repair rather than volumize from the mass of the product injected.
Age is not the determining factor in whether Sculptra is best for you. Considerations include:
It is best to seek the opinion of a very competent, well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or other skilled and talented injector with this particular product.
I wish you the best!
- Medical history,
- Bruising and swelling potential,
- Dermal injury from weather or sun,
- Dermal thickness from heredity and personal genetics,
- Skin laxity,
- Soft tissue (fat and muscle) laxity,
- Acceptance to multiple sessions and recovery periods,
- Cost and budget.
- Other factors.