Q: I have sagging jowls, turkey neck, hooded eyes. What all do I need done? What procedures do I need to correct all this. I have no fillers in my face but I do have 12 units of botox in my forehead. I’m interested in fillers at all. I want permanent long-lasting help. I realize I will continue to age.
A: Thanks for sharing your photos.
The beginnings of facial skin laxity start at 30 years old when collagen skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches, separates and elongates forming 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment, developing:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
Skin laxity and wrinkling are also results of natural collagen reduction. I would recommend that you:
- Consult with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his team regarding non-surgical, minimally invasive and surgical options.
- I believe based on the limited photos that a face and neck lift and upper eyelid blepharoplasty will be your best initial foundation to rejuvenate the areas of concern.
- Consider the following to maintain and further restore your physical youthfulness.
- A Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health retinoid program and peels for external stimulation, collagen reversal and skin tightening, exfoliation and sun-damage correction
- Filler or fat grafting of the cheeks, lips and folds
- Botox for brow elevation
- Sculptra injectable for a minimally invasive series of bio-stimulatory filler for face and neck skin tightening and collagen restoration
I hope this is helpful. All the best with your journey.
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at (410) 602-3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.