What can do to make sure I get the best results from my submental liposuction and ThermiTIGHT procedures?
Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding Liposuction and ThermiTIGHT
I had submental liposuction and ThermiTIGHT done on my “gobbler” about a month ago. I understand that results can take a while…no problem with that….but just want to know what I can do to make sure I get the best results from the procedure(s). I currently use a compression while I sleep, but should I add some type of cream, lotion, ointment (or something else) to help get the “best” results?
Yes, there are things you can do to speed up and improve the appearance and duration of your cosmetic investment.
I find the art in non- and minimally invasive procedures to achieve their very best result and longevity is help the regenerative and reparative body healing process to work their magic.
- Following submental liposuction and ThermiTIGHT, compression with a foam “conformer” to provide even and comfortable pressure for 1 to 2 weeks has been the most helpful in reducing swelling and bruising.
- Thereafter, continue massage to reduce edema and assist the collagen formation and directional tightening with firm, lymphatic massage in an upward direction for 6 to 12 weeks.
- Continue stimulation and proper regulation of the healing tissues with retinol supplementation. We recommend Dr. Obagi’s ZO Skin Health RetaMax and Body Emulsion.
- Pre-procedural skin care will stimulate, control and regulate the repair process before these minimally invasive options are performed and provide a faster healing process.
- Weight loss during the time of healing reduces inflammation, edema and the lumpiness associated with healing.
I hope this is helpful. All the best!
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.