Q. How to slim/lift area around the mouth? I’m 30 years old. I have the area around my mouth heavy and droopy, makes my face look very long. I recently had buccal fat removal but I think they’re two different areas. How can slim this area or lift it without surgery?
A. Interesting request! Without photos and complete “dynamic” exam, it is difficult to answer but let’s try to help you.
Like a spokes on a tire, the mouth has radiating muscles attached to each corner at the hub, called the modiolus. In between the muscle spokes are the fat compartments. Depending on your active or dynamic and static needs:
- fat can be removed as you did with buccal fat excision or very skilled micro-lipo-contouring,
- the Depressor Anguli Oris (DAO) muscle can be weakened with Botox so the cheek elevator muscles have less of a strained pull,
- the cheek can be filled with fat or filler to volumize and therefore “lift” the nasolabial fold and corner of mouth,
- Silhouette InstaLift suture suspension has been a terrific option in my hands for those desiring lift without fill,
- Facelift with well performed SMASplasty engaging the modiolus.
These are all highly technical and skilled techniques and must be assessed properly. Consult with a well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for your best outcome.
Good luck with your facial enhancement journey!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Frederick.