Q. I’m wondering if I’m too young for a facelift: I’m 22 years old and I lost 62 pounds. I have excess skin under my chin and I was wondering if I was too young to get a face lift?
A. Congratulations on your weight loss! There are so many issues to consider so please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with the breadth of skills including surgical, minimally invasive and non-surgical alternatives and a proper in-person evaluation. Age is only one factor in the decision process. Some of the other concerns I would have include:
- Are you at your stable weight or do you plan to lose more?
- What medical concerns do you have now and during the time of your weightloss?
- How did you lose your weight? Diet and exercise or weight loss surgery.
- How much skin laxity is there? How much residual fat? Examination of your facial structure is required.
- What results do you desire or expect?
Depending on the above, other considerations beyond a neck lift or face-and-neck lift include:
- Kybella injectable
- Lipocontouring with or without neck suspension
- Silhouette InstaLift
I hope this is helpful and you will seek proper consultation. I wish you the very best!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at 410.602.3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.