Plastic Surgeon Dr. Dean Kane of Baltimore Answers Question Regarding FaceliftsQ. I’m 67 years old. I had a facelift, a neck lift, a chin implant, and fat injections in early February. It’s been three months. Only the neck looks better. The chin is too small. None of the fat injections worked. The facelift results are uneven and disappointing. I still have the same saggy jowls and wrinkles. I don’t smoke or drink. The doctor said he would try to tighten the facelift after the tissue heals. A. So sorry for your disappointment. It would be helpful to have the same pre-op views with which to compare. Your question is a good one. The healing process takes no less than 12 months or longer to achieve your most stable and improved result. Your surgeon may consider a revision earlier but in my hands no sooner than 8 months following surgery to allow the scars to soften. Each facelift is unique and dependent on many factors. When you return to your surgeon:
- Please discuss what was expected and what was done.
- What is expected and what will be done the next time that is different to obtain the results you desire.
- If you have not already spoken about it, discuss the fees involved.
- Re-discuss the fact that a revision is another surgical procedure and that side-effects, limitations, risks and complications real
- Do you have any other alternatives to achieve you goals, such as:
- I am hoping you chose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial ENT Surgeon. If not, consider a second opinion.