I had a baby 7 years ago I lost weight everywhere but the bottom of my belly. How can I get rid of it?
Dr. Dean Kane Q & A.
Q. I had a baby 7 years ago I lost weight everywhere but the bottom of my belly. How can I get rid of it?
A. Every woman is different and after pregnancy, the skin stretches and the muscle and fascia stretch out too. You may put some visceral (organ) weight on or fat under the skin. It is best to undergo a proper evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and consider your options.
As you can see, there are many options dependent on your desires, future for more pregnancy, budget and recovery time.
I hope this was helpful! All the best!
Dr. Dean Kane
- a traditional tummy tuck where the ab muscles are tightened, the sides are liposuction contoured, the excess skin is removed, the mons lifted and a new belly button is created.
- a mini-tummy tuck where the skin below the belly button is removed and mons lifted.
- a panniculectomy / lipo-sculpting where the large lower roll of tummy skin is removed and the upper tummy and sides and / or back are reduced with liposuction.
- a body lift used with patients who have super-skin excess and the tummy, sides and back skin are lifted with or without muscle tightening.
- liposuction of the circumfirential trunk for body contouring.
- liposuction of partial areas such as the front abdomen with and without muscle etching, love handles, inner and outer thighs, arms, neck; any of which use traditional, syringe and ultrasonic liposculpting.
- Cool Sculpting is a non-surgical option of multiple spot fat reductions without anesthesia.