Home » Blog » I am 18 years old with noticeably uneven breasts.

I am 18 years old with noticeably uneven breasts.

Dr. Dean Kane Q & A. Q. I’m 18 years old. I wear a size 36 DD. My left breast is about a cup size larger than my right (one is about a DD the other a D).  I’m unsure if I should get surgery or wait and see if they even out. What should I do? A. It is natural to have asymmetry of the breasts. Just like other features of the body like your ears, hands and feet, one side is not a perfect mirror image of the other. This is not bad unless it upsets you. You may consider many options with the recommendations of a caring, well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. These options include: 1. Allow them to settle and mature (depending on your age, of course), 2. Enlarge the smaller breast bigger to match the larger augmented breast, 3. Reduce both or the larger one to gain better symmetry, 4. Lift and, reduce or enlarge the breasts to make them more even. I hope this has helped. All the best! Dr. Dean Kane
« »