Q: Advice on Sihouette Instalift for over 65 female. I am a 69 y/o female with good skin condition but sagging jowls and neck. Face lift recommended but unsure due to risks and husband insecurity. Had ultherapy in February of this year. Would silhouette instalift give moderate help? Thank you!
A: Thanks for sharing these photos. While incomplete, they are helpful.
The beginnings of facial skin laxity start at 30 years old when collagen skin repair diminishes and passive skin aging relaxes downward. The web of fibrous compartments under the skin loses fat, stretches, separates and elongates forming 5 growing “waves” of skin at points of attachment, developing:
- hooding along the eyes,
- lower eyelid / cheek junction or tear trough / nasojugal fold
- nasolabial fold,
- lateral mouth commissure and marionette folds,
- jowls and neck.
For the neck, reversal of natural collagen reduction, skin tightening and platysma band reduction are the initial foundations for the neck’s rejuvenation. Silhouette Instalift will provide little if any satisfaction in rejuvenating your neck.
I would recommend that you:
- Consult with a talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and his team regarding non-surgical, minimally invasive and surgical options. These include:
- A Zein Obagi, MD, ZO Skin Health retinoid program and peels for external stimulation and skin tightening, exfoliation and sun-damage correction
- Sculptra is a minimally invasive injection series of bio-stimulatory filler for face and neck skin tightening
- Minimally invasive tightening options such as ThermiTIGHT
- I believe you’ll do best with a neck (and face) surgical lift and using the above to maintain your investment.
I hope this is helpful. Stay well.
All the best!
Read more about similar topics:
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Give us a call at (410) 602-3322 or email Lauri@DrDeanKane.com and make an appointment soon. We’re located on Reservoir Circle just a block off the Baltimore beltway, convenient to greater Baltimore, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore, Southern Pennsylvania, Delaware and Carroll County.